Mr. Schall is a graduate of the Trial Lawyers’ College run by the renowned trial lawyer, Gerry Spence, having received three weeks of intensive training in the art of the trial in the summer of 2005 at Mr. Spence’s ranch in Wyoming.
Mr. Schall is past-president of the National Employment Lawyers’ Association-New Jersey and currently serves on its Executive Board. In 2012, along with his partner Patricia Barasch, Mr. Schall prepared and edited the “Library of New Jersey Employment Forms,” which was then published by the New Jersey Law Journal.
Before founding Schall & Barasch LLC in 2000, Mr. Schall was a partner with the prominent South Jersey firm of Tomar, Simonoff, heading up the firm’s employment law practice. He started his law career clerking for the Honorable Dolores K. Sloviter of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. As an adjunct professor, Mr. Schall has taught legal research and writing as well as labor law at Rutgers University School of Law.
Mr. Schall graduated in 1971 from Swarthmore College; received his Masters’ Degree in Labor Studies from Rutgers University in 1984; and graduated from New York University School of Law in 1987, having studied there as a Root-Tilden Scholar.
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- State of New Jersey Roster of Mediators for Civil, General
- Equity and Probate Cases
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association/ New Jersey
- JD, New York University School of Law, 1987
- MA, Labor Studies, Rutgers University, 1984
- BA, Swarthmore College, 1971
- President of the National Employment Lawyers Association/New Jersey, 2000 – 2004
- Co-chair of the Employment Law Seminar, Association of Trial Lawyers of America/New Jersey 2005 -2007
- New Jersey Supreme Court Model Civil Jury Charge Committee, 2005-2010
- Trial Lawyers’ College, 2005
- Keenan Trial Institute, 2021
- 20th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America for in the practice area of Employment Law – Individuals, 2014
- Super Lawyer for Employment Litigation: Plaintiff, NJ Monthly Magazine, 2005 – present
- Best Lawyers in America, for Labor and Employment Law, 2009 – present,
- Root-Tilden Scholar, New York University School of Law, 1984-1987
Bar & Court Admissions
- US Supreme Court, 2002
- US District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1988
- US District Court – New Jersey, 1988
- US Court of Appeals – Third Circuit, 1988
- Courts of the State of New Jersey, 1987
- Courts of the State of Pennsylvania, 1987